The Samsung Galaxy S5 is definitely worth looking into – it sold more than 10 million units within a month of being released. It continues to sell in large numbers to date. So what is it about this phone that has so many people so excited? To find out, we have given it a complete review.
This Samsung Galaxy S5 review looks at its features, what is to like and what is not to like. This phone is Samsung’s flagship phone for 2014. Samsung was aiming to improve on the S4’s appearance and functionality-so did they get the job done?
• It comes with Ultra Power Saving which allows you to make and receive calls even when you are running low on battery. The phone does this by shutting down all other functions and turning the screen black and white.
• Are you worried about dust or water affecting the performance of your phone? If yes, you will be happy to know that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has IP67 certification which protects it from all kinds of liquids as well as dust and sand. This makes it very ideal for travel.
• If you are a health buff who isn’t into carrying around gadgets to track your vitals, this phone will be great for you because it has a heart rate sensor and also what they call S Health. It is a pedometer that keeps track of walking distance, calories, speed, duration of walking or running and much more. The phone is designed to make all this very easy. To take your heart rate, for example, all you need to do is place your finger on the back of the phone. You can also connect it to Samsung Gear Fit and Gear 2.
• The phone uses both wi-fi and LTE simultaneously which means you have great network at all times. You can download huge files as much as 80% or 90% faster than you would do on phones that use only wi-fi. In addition to that, it has 2 internal wi-fi antennas for even faster speeds.
• It comes with fingerprint security – all you need to do to open it is swipe your finger across the screen. You can also make secure payments to and from sites like PayPal using your fingerprint instead of using a password.
Two things impressed me most about this phone. The first is how good it is with photos and video. The quality is so good that you can put your camera away and forget about it.
The second thing that I liked so much about this pone is the speed to download and upload stuff. You can take photos and video and upload them in an instant. I also liked the fact that it is water proof – it gives you more freedom to use it anywhere you like.
The first thing that you notice is that Samsung didn’t make a great effort to differentiate this phone from the S4. There are very small changes if you compare the two models.
I also don’t like the fact that the fingerprint feature can be a little confusing to use in the beginning. The heart rate monitor also has problems – it doesn’t work all the time.